BHARATPUR, NOVEMBER 28
Two children perished in a fire at Mainatar of Rapti Municipality-1 in Chitwan district on Saturday.
According to the police, the house of one Jit Bahadur Rumba in the locality was burned down in a fire, killing his three-year-old grandson Suraj and three-year-old granddaughter Manisha Tamang.
It has been reported that the event was caused by a short-circuit from a solar battery.
The blaze burned clothing, food, utensils, and other goods in the house while Rumba’s family members were away, as per Deputy Superintendent of Police Narahari Adhikari.
The bodies of the deceased have been sent to Bharatpur Hospital for a postmortem. Although the fire incident occurred on Saturday, the fire incident came to light on only Sunday due to geographical difficulties, he said.