Two minors die in fire incident – The Himalayan Times – Nepal’s No.1 English Daily Newspaper

no image


Two minors were charred to death after a fire broke out due to electric short circuit at a Dalit settlement in Kabilashi Municipality, Sarlahi, last night.

The incident occurred at 9:15pm when the family members were asleep at night yesterday.

The minors were critically injured after the fire spread from a house belonging to Jogi Mahara due to electric short circuit.

Mahara was asleep along with other family members in a bed made of straw. The family members saved themselves by escaping from the scene while the minors could not save their lives.

A police team deployed from Malangawa District Police Office had brought the fire under control after 30 minutes with the help of locals.

Laxmi Kumari, 9, and threeyear-old Sogandhi Kumari were injured in the incident, said police.

Sudha Kumari, 5, was also injured in the incident. The critically injured minors died on the way to Kathmandu on the same night.

They were being taken to Kathmandu after receiving primary treatment in Malangawa Hospital. Police said they were investigating the incident.

Clothes, utensils, among other materials worth Rs 50,000 were destroyed in the blaze.

A version of this article appears in the print on December 17, 2021, of The Himalayan Times.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *